Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome, Valentines!

Well, hello dear readers. I'm Rebekah; I love everything crafty along with awesome music! I hail from the ever-gorgeous Hudson Valley, NY. My favorite bird is the chickadee, a common favorite due to the quaint size with a puffball body. I don't have a favorite color and love art. This blog is to help others with various projects and occasionally recipes for treats.

This first blog post will be in lieu of Valentine's Day (sorry for being late!)

For my sweetheart, my wonderful boyfriend of 2 years, Anthony, I constructed a container from an old Quaker Oats container wrapped in decorative paper (found in a paper pad, but any will do!); the lid I covered with plain white paper and glued a ribbon around the edges. Inside I filled it with homemade fortune cookies (recipe found at the bottom of post), thanks to Martha
Stewart. They contained little notes saying "I love you" in 20 different languages.



I found with the cookies to start with two at a time and move to three or four after I got the hang of it. The flavor is amazing and they will keep for 1-2 weeks in an airtight container! I also used granulated sugar instead of super-fine; I couldn't tell a difference! Perfect for holidays, birthdays, or just because.


Listening to: The Cure Greatest Hits


4 comments:

  1. Hello there...just popped by to say HI and thank you for leaving a sweet comment when I was featured on the Inspirational blog....it means a lot:) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great!! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You give such awesome gifts, Babe. This was really sweet of you and definitely a culinary accomplishment. :]

    ReplyDelete