Monday, February 22, 2010

A Good Book Has No Ending

Hmmm.... Good books, unfortunately, have to end somewhere. Although I wish this weren't true!

I have read quite a few books, between children, middle-grade, young adult, and adult. I recently finished
Graceling by Kristin Cashore and will start the companion novel, Fire, shortly. Graceling is a YA (young adult) novel set in another world, in which some people are Graced with special abilities, be it something small like swimming or severe like fighting. Katsa, the main character, a girl in her late teens is Graced with the ability to kill. Cashore's story was enticing. Slow at first, it took me a bit to get into it, but once there, I was hooked. The storytelling and world building is gorgeous; every picture is painted and every page is fastly turned. I suggest you read it! Here's a link to Kristin's blog: http://kristincashore.blogspot.com/












On another note, I'd like to pull some attention to an author I find very enticing, especially if you like gothic books and are more of a sophisticated YA reader.

Michelle Zink is a debut author who recently released the first book in a trilogy.
Prophecy of the Sisters is about twin sisters who find themselves on opposite ends of an ancient prophecy in 1890. The lyrical writing and fascinating story based off a biblical legend kept me turning the pages fast. The characters are three dimensional and the writing is truly unforgettable. Ms. Zink can be found at her fun, entertaining blog, http://michellezinkbooks.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment