- When doubling the batter, I'd quadruple the filling
- Add a little bit of oil or one more egg to stay away from dryness
Peanut Butter-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
Adapted from Martha Stewart Cupcakes
Peanut butter filling ingredients:
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Cupcake batter ingredients:
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a standard muffing tin with paper liners.
Stir ingredients for peanut butter filling together until smooth and set aside. (Note: We might have eaten some on toast… it was yummy)
Next onto the batter. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Melt chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl over simmering water (do not get any water into the chocolate!). Stir until melted, then remove from heat. Once it has cooled slightly, whisk granulated sugar into the mixture. Add eggs and whisk until smooth. Add vanilla, then flour mixture. Stir until well incorporated.
Spoon 2 Tbsp batter into each liner, then 2 Tbsp of the PB filling. Follow with another Tbsp of batter and 1 tsp filling. Swirl the top with a toothpick. Bake for about 40 minutes, rotating half way through. Cool completely in the tin before removing cupcakes.